Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the first thing that I should do to make a reservation for Hajj?
The first thing to do is choose a program that we offer, you can view the programs either on our website, or on our brochure that was mailed out to our clients on our mailing list. Once you choose a program, you may reserve online or mail the reservation form that is in the brochure, or on our website and mail a deposit of $2000.00 Per Person.
2. What happens after I make a reservation and pay the deposit?
Once you have made a reservation and paid a deposit per person, if there is any additional information missing, you will be contacted by a sales representative to assist you in the remaining information needed to complete the reservation. After the reservation is complete, you will receive a confirmation, a visa application, and an invoice of your remaining balance to your preference on either mail, fax, or email.
3. What happens after I receive the invoice and my confirmation?
You will be required to fill out the visa application and provide us with the required documents needed for the visa. Then you will mail all the documents to us so we can process your visa and all other required procedures. You will also need to review your confirmation and make sure that your reservation is accurate. If you need changes to your reservation you must do it at this stage of time, as your reservation will not be changeable after a certain period of time.
4. What is the next step after I send my remaining balance and proper documents?
Al-Wakeel will then start on your visa processing, while confirming your land package, as well as you flight itinerary. Once everything is complete you will receive a package with you day-by-day itinerary, passport with visa, airline tickets, and finalized invoice, confirmation, and your identification card and laminated luggage tags to place on you luggage.
5. When am I supposed to receive my documents?
Once all your documents and full payment is received you should expect your documents to be returned within 2 to 3 weeks.
6. After I receive my complete package with all finalized documents, what is next?
You must review all documents and confirmations to make sure there is no mistake in the arrangement made for you. If there are any mistakes please make sure to contact an Al-Wakeel travel representative as soon as possible so WE may be able to correct it. Please note that this does not mean you can make changes in your reservation.
7. If I do not have any errors in my package what should I do next?
By not informing us of any errors, we assume that your package is complete and accurate. Your next step is to prepare for your travel and make sure you are in the airport for the day of your flight at least 3-4 hours prior to your flight departure.
8. Will I be met in the airport before my departure?
If you will be traveling from New York or connecting through New York on either Egypt Airlines, Saudi Arabian Airlines or Royal Air Jordanian, you will be met by a Al-Wakeel Travel representative to provide you with any assistance that you might need. Please remember to have your ID on and remember to have your luggage tags attached to your luggage prior to your departure to the airport so you may have a quick check-in process.
9. What is the significance of my ID card and luggage tags?
You will need to have your ID card on at all times starting from your departure from USA until your departure back from Saudi Arabia. It is very important that you do so, so any Al-Wakeel representative can recognize you and can assist you in any needs that you may require. The luggage tags are very valuable so the luggage can be identified throughout the trip.
10. After we arrive in Saudi Arabia, will a representative meet me?
Yes, you will be met by a representative only after the customs process. Please keep in mind that you cannot be assisted during the customs process, but will be assisted after you receive your luggage and exit the customs area. One of our representatives will inform you of your next destination and provide assistance.
11. Can I get a visa without a package?
No, Al-Wakeel cannot give you a visa without at least a land package.
Hajj Ritual Questions
12. How many days do we have to stay in Mina and Arafat?
In Mina there is a total of three nights and in Arafat, there is a total of one day. The nights to be spent in Makkah and Medina depends on each program.
13. When do I have to wear the Ihram?
Before entering Makkah you have to have Ihram.
14. When do I make the Sacrifice?
You will be informed.
Luggage & Passport Questions
15. Who will have my passport?
Your passports will be in the possession of the Saudi Government.
16. Does Al-Wakeel hold full responsibility for the passports?
Your passports will be in the possession of the Saudi Government.
17. How many luggage bags are we allowed to take with us?
Two bags per Person, 50lbs each.
18. Can my kids have the same amount of luggage as I can?
Yes, your child who is two years or older can carry the same amount of luggage as you can.
19. Who provides the transportation to the hotel?
Al-Wakeel provides all the transportation.
20. How many people can stay in a room?
There is a Maximum of four people per room.
21. What kind of food is served (Pakistani, Arabic, Farsi, or Bangladesh) in hotels?
22. Do we charge kids for the hotel room?
Yes, if they will be occupying a bed.
23. How much is one room per night?
Included in the package.
24. Do my children need the Meningitis vaccine?
If your child is 10 years or younger she/he does not need the vaccine.
25. For how many years is the vaccination valid?
The vaccine is valid for 2 years. However, check with your local Health Department for more information on the validity.
26. What kind of vaccination do we have to take?
Meningitis ACYW-135 Vaccine and H1N1 Vaccination.
Package and Payment Questions
27. Are their any hidden fees in the packages?
No there are no hidden fees in the packages, except all the packages do not include Hajj fee or Sacrifice.
28. Is the domestic flight included in the package?
No, the domestic flight is not included in the package, you could request it to be done for you by us.
29. How much are the packages?
The packages varied according to the program.
Click here for Hajj Packages.
Click here for Umrah Packages.
30. When is the deadline for the payment?
The deadline for the balance is 90 days before departure.
31. How much is the deposit per person?
The Minimum deposit is $2000.00 Per Person.
32. What is our Cancellation Policy?
Please read our cancellation policy.
33. What is the difference between each program?
The difference between each program is the type of hotels you stay in and the amount of days.
34. When is the right time to send my documents?
General Hajj Questions
35. What are the dates for hajj?
Please refer to dates shown on each package on the website.
36. What kind of service is in Arafat? How many people are their per tent, and how is the food and refreshments?
Prayer services. Depends on the size of the tent. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Fruits & Beverages.
37. Can they go to another country after Hajj?
Yes, we provide Airline tickets to other destinations.
38. Do you have ethnic groups organized for Hajj?
Yes, we have several ethnic groups.
39. Can my relative join me from another country?
Yes, they can join you as long as they get their visa from their own country.
40. Is there any insurance for hajj?
No, there is no insurance for Hajj.
41. What is the age limit for a woman to perform hajj without a Muharem?
The age limit for a women to travel without a Muharem is  forty Five and above.